Port twenty two
Scalability links for October 21st
October 21, 2010
Scalability links for October 21st:
VMware and Google Launch 1st Series of Development Tools
– VMware has collected some interesting assets. One of them was SpringSource. I’m slightly surprised with google and vmware working together. I guess both of them think there is something they both can gain from it.
OpenStack: An Open Cloud Initiative Makes its 1st Release
– Openstack has promised a lot. Lets figure out if it can deliver. I’m optimistic.
AWS Free Tier: 750 hours of EC2 for free
– This is big. They are going after Google App Engine I think. But it sucks for those who are already on AWS since this is available only to new users.
SPOF (Single Point of Failure) Analysis
– I can see why this can be a science by itself. SPOF detections and impact analysis is very important in production systems.
Data Center Automation Startup Puppet Labs Acquires Open Source Project The Marionette Collective
– The Marionette Collective aka. mcollective is a framework to build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems.