Scalability links for October 21st:
- VMware and Google Launch 1st Series of Development Tools – VMware has collected some interesting assets. One of them was SpringSource. I’m slightly surprised with google and vmware working together. I guess both of them think there is something they both can gain from it.
- OpenStack: An Open Cloud Initiative Makes its 1st Release – Openstack has promised a lot. Lets figure out if it can deliver. I’m optimistic.
- AWS Free Tier: 750 hours of EC2 for free – This is big. They are going after Google App Engine I think. But it sucks for those who are already on AWS since this is available only to new users.
- SPOF (Single Point of Failure) Analysis – I can see why this can be a science by itself. SPOF detections and impact analysis is very important in production systems.
- Data Center Automation Startup Puppet Labs Acquires Open Source Project The Marionette Collective – The Marionette Collective aka. mcollective is a framework to build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems.