Scalability Updates for Jan 26th 2010
A few interesting updates for today
- Derrick Harris made an insightful observation that Cloud providers are pairing up with CDNs . I wonâ€™t be surprised if some consolidations happen in this arena
- Cassandra 0.5.0 is released. I canâ€™t wait to try it out.
- Paper: Keyspace: A consistently replicated, highly-available key-value store
- Paper: PaxosLease: Diskless Paxos for leases
- Cloudkick: A cross cloud-platform monitoring service. A short review here.
- In a post by Reuven Cohen about â€œOversubscribing the cloudâ€ talks about why â€œquotasâ€ are important in a cloud infrastructure. He thinks there is a non-linear relation between capacity and customer demand. If it were non-linear, does it mean things should get more expensive as demand increases ?
- I hadnâ€™t heard of â€œgraph databaseâ€ until today. HyperGraphDB does just that and its a distributed database.