Scalability updates for Feb 18, 2010
Some of interesting links for today
- A very good post about the need of event driven Cloud API model for monitoring. I think its a matter of time before this happens. Just like feed crawlers are embracing even driven publication notification using protocols like Pubsubhubbub, we need something similar to snmp traps for the cloud notification world.
- Translate SQL to MongoDB MapReduce
- Real-time web for web developers: An example of how the problem of polling huge number of websites for updates was transformed by simply using an event driven push model.
- Logging: unsexy, important and now usable
- Comparing Pig Latin and SQL for Constructing Data processing pipelines
- Cassandra backend for Lucene ? This seems to solve the problem of building reverse index on cassandra which I previously blogged about.
- Cloud MR : A Map/Reduce framework over Amazonâ€™s S3/SQS/EC2 service.
- Interesting NoSQL Categorization
- Writing twitter service on App engine