Scalability updates for Feb 18, 2010
Some of interesting links for today
- A very good post about the need of event driven Cloud API model for monitoring. I think its a matter of time before this happens. Just like feed crawlers are embracing even driven publication notification using protocols like Pubsubhubbub, we need something similar to snmp traps for the cloud notification world.
- Translate SQL to MongoDB MapReduce
- Real-time web for web developers: An example of how the problem of polling huge number of websites for updates was transformed by simply using an event driven push model.
- Logging: unsexy, important and now usable
- Comparing Pig Latin and SQL for Constructing Data processing pipelines
- Cassandra backend for Lucene ? This seems to solve the problem of building reverse index on cassandra which I previously blogged about.
- Cloud MR : A Map/Reduce framework over Amazonâ€™s S3/SQS/EC2 service.
- Interesting NoSQL Categorization
- Writing twitter service on App engine
Firstly, many thanks for the great contribution to the world with pubsubhubbub java client.
I would like to draw your kind attention to We are trying enable
"Activity Streaming" [similar to facebook - wall posts/streaming or
linkedin network updates ]. where depending upon publisher privacy settings, only posting he/she permits only need to be publish-ed. This becomes complex as he/she can also specific each posting who can be viewed - Privacy setting
Now at the subscription side, depending upon the account settings, only specific feeds items only need to be received.
basically, we do we do such filtering at both publishing and subscribing. Secondly, such how do we plan this with pubsubhubbub java API. ie we need to have pubsubhubbub for each user? Appreciate your insights - thanks, Joseph